Django is a high-level Python Web framework that encourages rapid development and clean, pragmatic design.
Django - The Web Framework for perfectionists with deadlines - Django Project
- Fast Development - You can launch web application in matter of hours. Most of the complexity is already implemented by the framework itself. There is no need to reinvent the wheel.
- Fully Loaded - Django is known for being Batteries included for having a lot of libraries and methods already implemented by the framework. You can just focus on your application logic or application code.
- Fundamentally Secure - Django framework is fundamentally secure, they take security very seriously. This helps developers avoid many common security mistakes,like - SQL injection, cross-site scripting, cross-site request forgery, clickjacking etc.,
- User Authentication - One of the important things that most of the websites mess up is the User Authentication workflow. Django's Authentication module is very secure and it manages user accounts and passwords in a very secure way. It also support OAuth,
- Highly Scalable - Most application today suffer when a lot of users start using it. The reason is, the applications were not built to scale. Django has an incredible ability to scale well. Some of the largest websites in the world use Django framework - Instagram, Dropbox, YouTube, Spotify, Disqus, Mozilla etc.,
- Django is Mature - Started in 2003, Django isn’t some new framework that hasn’t accounted yet for all common edge cases. Rather Django’s maintainers have handled those edge cases at least once. Instead, the maintainers are worried that Django is now old enough to be interested in dating and has a US driving learner’s permit.
- Django is Python - Python is an immensely popular programming language and is by far #1 in the field of data science. Python is easy to learn yet powerful in execution. It has a gigantic global community of users and hundreds of thousands of libraries to draw on, including Pandas, Numpy, Keras, and of course, Django.
- Django is Proven - No tool remains popular for as long as Django unless it proves itself. Because it is so proven, Django is relied on by startups building dreams, science and fintech efforts presenting their data, and of course, tech giants like Instagram.
- Documentation and community support - django framework has extensive documentation, one of the best documentations if you want to rank them. Also, django community is so wide-spread and popular. Stackoverflow and djangoproject community have had hundred thousands of questions with solutions. Make the best use of it.
- Serialization of Data - Serializers in django is one of the most superior in the web frameworks. Serializers allow complex data such as querysets and model instances to be converted to native Python datatypes that can then be easily rendered into
protobufor other content types. Serializers also provide deserialization, allowing parsed data to be converted back into complex types, after first validating the incoming data.
Now that you know the benefits of using django, let's get started and create a new project.
Want to know more about django related posts? Explore django posts